There is cuisine for every taste on Grand Cayman. If you decide to dine in the villa, Foster's Food Fair grocery store is just 3.5 miles away (turn left from villa). And Domino's will deliver! Here are some of our favorite restaurants:
Near Sunrise Villa (& East Side of Grand Cayman)
1. Lighthouse Restaurant: This oceanfront landmark, only four miles east of Sunrise Villa (turn right from Villa), is open for lunch and dinner, and features a creative menu of fresh local seafood and Italian cuisine prepared
daily by Master Chef Remy and his team of chefs. They have a
professional and very friendly serving staff and a great wine selection. Enjoy outdoor dining oceanside in a screened patio or inside in the air conditioned bar and port room. Go to their web site.
2. Portifino: For casual oceanfront dining, another nearby choice is on the very quiet eastern coast, past the village of East End. From Sunrise Villa, turn right and go 12.5 miles. Enjoy Italian and local seafood specialties outside on their covered terrace. They are open every day for lunch and dinner.
3. Castro's Hideaway: This restaurant and oceanside bar at The Reef Resort is a great place for lunch while enjoying the great beach on the east end. It would be a great stop on the Eastern Loop Tour (see more). Go to their web site.
4. Rankin's Jerk Center: For a tastey "locals" lunch, turn left from the Villa and go a mile to Jerk Center (on the left). Get some delicious jerk chicken, beans and rice and plantain for about $7. Their menu changes daily. If you are lucky, they will be serving ox tail or cow foot just for you. It's walk up window service with plenty of picnic tables.
5. Dominos: We recommend this for convenience only! If you need food delivered, never fear. Get pizza and wings at your door seven days a week. Their phone number 345-947-1188.
George Town Area
About 10-15 miles drive to most of these - allow at least 30 minutes to drive.
6. My Bar at the Sunset House: About 9 miles west of Sunrise Villa (turn left from Villa) in George Town is a hidden spot that's a lot of fun. An island favorite and an excellent location to sit outside and watch the sunset. Go early to get a good spot (a favorite for locals as well as visitors to the island). Order an infamous "Mudslide" or your favorite libation. Dominos anyone? It's not a kid's game under the domino gazebo at the end of the main deck. Watch locals with their game face on, entertain the curious onlooker with this fast moving, "noisy" game! My Bar offers a wide food selection from 11:30 AM to 10:00 PM daily. Follow signs for South Sound Road to South Church Street. Go to their web site.
7. The Wharf: A blue-and-white eatery located north of George Town, the Wharf earns high marks for its local fish and seafood, friendly service, and open-air verandah dining room. At 9 PM, patrons are invited to watch the nightly tarpon feedings from Ports of Call, the restaurant's often-crowded bar area. Go to their web site.
8. Grand Old House: This old coconut plantation house, set on the sea just south of George Town features old world charm mixed with outstanding European and New World cuisine, extensive wine list and impeccable service. Go to their web site.
9. Ragazzi: one of Cayman's most popular restaurants. Ristorante Ragazzi offers fine Italian dining, over 450 wines, impeccable service, whether you dine in air-conditioned dining room or al fresco on the patio. Go to their web site.
10. Margaritaville: Jimmy Buffett's new place in George Town is quite a place with a restaurant, nightclub, water sports emporium with a water slide, upstairs swimming pool, a swim up pool bar and spas. The restaurant and bar area is on the second floor, while the retail store is below. Balconies and terraces offer a postcard view of the harbor and on the inside, the professionally landscaped Anchorage Centre courtyard. Margaritaville features an intimate nightclub with a top–of–the–line sound and lighting system, and in another section, one of the largest bars in Cayman. Go to their web site.
11. Hard Rock Cafe: This world famous eatery in downtown George Town has classic American cuisine, rockin' merchandise and two floors of memorabilia from the world of rock. Go to their web site.
12. Lobster Pot: If you're looking for great, fresh-from-the-Caribbean seafood, this is the place to go. Overlooking the George Town waterfront, Lobster
Pot is a terrific place to enjoy a meal with your family - especially if you
crave the likes of shrimp Diane, seafood curry, conch schnitzel, or wahoo. Of
course, the specialty is lobster, and the skilled kitchen staff expertly
prepares it any way you like - from Cayman-style to simply buttered. Go to their web site.
For a complete dining guide, go to the Good Taste web site.